Wednesday 11 January 2012

Getting a job! Visa concerns! Eating a still-beating heart!

Today I accepted a job in Vietnam. After a whirlwind of rejection, I now have a job. Although not my first choice (Indonesia), I have agreed to the job for a number of reasons.

1. I watched Gordon's Great Escape (S2E2) as my research. His look of sad resignation as he was forced to down a drink containing the still-beating heart of a snake made me laugh for ages. He looked like one of those dogs with wrinkly faces that has just realised that poo isn't food.

2. It's Vietnam

3. It's one of the most beautiful and interesting countries in the world and provides an excellent springboard to see other amazing countries.

4. In the interview I asked what the weather was like, my interviewer replied "quite cool, only 25 degrees"

5. It's Vietnam

On this basis, I now need to start sorting out my work Visa (a word synonymous with speed and not having to bribe officials) and try to steal information about Vietnam, the Vietnamese and their language/s(?) from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment